Volume 15-16 Issue #6 October 2, 2015
Principal Cat’s Column
Hello Calais Community!
It was nice to see so many faces at our special town meeting last Saturday. No matter the reason for the gathering, so many of us gathered together here makes the school feel like the heart of our community. Opening our building for town meeting is an easy way to serve our community. I also think there are a number of folks within our community who are looking for ways to give back and connect with our school. We are always looking for volunteers in our library and I would love community members to consider becoming a substitute. Working with kids in a variety of capacities can be really rewarding, a good experience for our students to form new working relationships with safe adults, and is a way to bring folks in to our school from our community. If you’re interested in volunteering or applying to be work as a substitute, please check in with Sue Cioffi in our office for details on paperwork and the steps involved. You can contact Sue at
or by calling 454-7777.
Remember that our K-6 hike is scheduled for next Friday, 10/9. Please keep your fingers crossed that the weather will allow us to keep this annual tradition, as it is the one date we have planned!
Cat Fair, CES Principal
Dates to Remember
For a complete listing of events click on CALENDAR from the home page of the school website www.calaisschool.org
- Wed 10/7 – Parent Info Night on Bullying & Harassment, 5:30-6:30 at CES
- Thurs 10/8 – Picture Re-Take day
- Thurs 10/8 – Storytime in the Preschool room, 9:15am
- Fri 10/9 –K-6 Annual Hike
- Mon 10/12 – NO SCHOOL – Columbus Day
- Tues 10/13 – NO SCHOOL – Teacher Inservice day
- Thurs 10/15 – School Board Meeting, 6:00pm, CES Library
- Mon 10/19 - PTNO Meeting, 6:00pm, CES Library
- Fri 10/23 – SAVE THE DATE: Annual Neighbor to Lunch event
- Sat 10/24 – PTNO Halloween Party! 2:00-4:00pm